The Omaha Municipal Land Bank is a local governmental 501(c)3 nonprofit organization established in 2014. The Land Bank is a catalyst for transforming distressed properties into community assets by acquiring vacant and dilapidated properties and returning them back to productive use within the community. As the first organization of its kind in Nebraska, the Land Bank is a leading partner in neighborhood revitalization efforts in the Omaha community. Additional information on Land Bank can be found at omahalandbank.org
The Omaha Municipal Land Bank is hiring a Legal Assistant. The Legal Assistant reports to the in-house Attorney. The Legal Assistant will be responsible for all administrative functions including organizing and maintaining files, calendaring deadlines, reviewing title searches, drafting documents for counsel’s review and general support for the in-house counsel.
This is a full-time position located in Omaha, Nebraska. Compensation is commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package will be provided.
Job Duties (not limited to):
- Support in-house attorney and other staff by assisting with administrative and clerical tasks as needed.
- Order and review title searches prior to beginning foreclosure of OMLB tax sale certificates.
- Draft foreclosure documents for attorney’s review.
- File all foreclosure pleadings on JUSTICE.
- Track service on foreclosure defendants.
- Calendar deadlines and set hearing dates.
- Track foreclosure files thru Epp
- Act as recording secretary for the Board of Directors
- Support the Executive Director and In-House Counsel with preparing for Board Meetings
Skills and/or Qualifications (not limited to):
- Detail oriented.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Familiarity with Nebraska’s e-filing system.
- Familiarity with Nebraska’s delinquent tax foreclosure process, preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, digital conferencing, and ability to learn OMLB specific programs.
- Valid Nebraska driver’s license and willingness to use personal vehicle with mileage reimbursement for research, meetings, and collaboration with owners, developers, and partners.
- Ability to attend community events or OMLB appointments outside of regular business hours.
- Keen sense of eyesight and hearing;
- Sit and/or stand for long periods of time;
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Experience commensurate with a degree will be considered.
|Interested individuals can apply by sending their resume, cover letter, and three professional references to Iris White at Irisw@omlb.org. The position will remain open until filled.
The Omaha Municipal Land Bank shall not discriminate against any employee applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or national origin. The Omaha Municipal Land Bank shall ensure that applicants are employed and that employees are treated during employment without regard to their race, religion, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or national origin. As used herein, the word “treated” shall mean and include, without limitation, the following: recruited, whether by advertising or by other means; compensated; selected for training, including apprenticeship; promoted; upgraded; demoted; downgraded; transferred; laid off; and terminated. The Omaha Municipal Land Bank agrees to and shall post in conspicuous places, available to employees and applicants for employment, notices to be provided by the contracting officers setting forth the provisions of this nondiscrimination clause.